Saturday, August 29, 2009

~ Zucchini What to do with it ~





Zucchini was always something that was bought and thrown away after it went bad in the fridge. I would think of it weeks later and go to get it and my fingers would break the skin. It would be rotten all the way through. I never knew what to do with them. I didn't even know zucchini was a squash. These two are huge and will be my food for the next week.


Zucchini is a vegetable I eat just about daily now. I use it in my smoothie's, green spoups, raw pastas and as a cover for veggie wraps. You could also call them spring rolls. I am working on one now and can't wait to figure out the finishing touches.












Nutritional Value of Zucchini

This food is low in saturated fat, very low in cholesterol , sodium and low in calories. It is also a good source of Thiamin, Niacin and Pantothenic Acid, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper and Manganese.
Dont peel your zucchini just wash the skin because most of the nutritional value is in the skin

No comments:

Post a Comment