Thursday, November 26, 2009

~ Raw/Vegan Lavender Cookies ~


~ Lavender from July 2009 ~





The Organic Lavender is :


Lavendula x intermedia "Provence"



A small amount goes a long way... It's an herb that has a strong flavor!...





Lavender is intoxicating and calming !!

Both the color and fragrance effects the senses and produces health benefits. To list a few of them would be reducing stress, anxiety, improve conditions of insomnia and uplift mood to help reverse symptoms of mild depression. The color of lavender which is either light blue and purple can reduce blood pressure, lower heart rate and slow down breathing...

Those who suffer with any of these symptoms place a beautiful bouquet of lavender next to you bed to receive the benefits of the scent and color....

Lavender can also have similar effects while using it for culinary purposes. I have come up with a beautiful lavender cookie which delights the taste buds and enhances your mood. I enjoy one before bed once in a while with a cup of lavender or chamomile tea...








4 comments:

  1. Hi, I love your blog with all the great photos and tips. Could you please share your recipe for these raw lavender cookies? I make a baked lavender cookie, and would love to be able to enjoy a raw version! Thanks so much!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy!! (: I am glad you like my lavender cookies. I intend of putting this recipe in my book. I am working on it now and once it is done I will post the information on my blog.
    Terri ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi when will your book be out. I would like this lavender recipe too as I have a blog on all things lavender and I know my readers would enjoy them.

    Love your photos and they look delicious.

    Patricia Perth Australia
    www.lavenderuses.com
    all things lavender

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I somehow don't like it that you write all about your concoctions and go to the effort of including great photos and then you don't include a recipe. Somehow that doesn't feel right.

    ReplyDelete