Friday, December 4, 2009

~ Raw Vegan Cheese and Tomato Snacks ~


These were delicious and good to have as a snack after a work out. I would bring the cheese in a small seperate container and then put the cheese on pre- sliced tomatoes. The cheese is very satisfying, two are more than enough.
Any chance I get, I use sprouts as a topper because I love them so much. They taste great and feel so refreshing in the body. Sprouts are packed with enzymes which help speed up the digestion of nuts and seeds. In this particular case in the form of nut cheese....

Recipe:
2 cups cashews soaked
1 1/2 cups filtered water
juice of half a lemon
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbs nutitional yeast
1 tsp onion powder
1 garlic clove
1 tbs dried basil


It is always a good idea to make your nut cheese ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge overnight to allow the flavour to develop . I also find it keeps no more than three days in the fridge.





I prefer to use fresh herbs, but right now I cannot get any fresh plants so I buy FREEZE- DRIED herbs which still contain all the nutritional value. They taste very fresh and are great in any raw food dish.
You can purchase these herbs from
http://www.lighthousefoods.com/









No comments:

Post a Comment