Saturday, December 19, 2009

~ Bennett Hill Rosato ~

The other day my Father gave us a bottle of his wine as a little Christmas present. This wine was made last year from his vineyard, Bennett Hill Vineyard. Back in September, I did a post on harvest time picking the red grapes. It is a lot of work, but so worth it to be out getting all that fresh air and exercise. I only wish I had gotten some grape leaves and plan to get some for next year. I also plan to make some sort of raw food dish that will be new and fun.




I am not a wine drinker, but I do enjoy the red grapes because the flavour is out of this world. As I pick the grapes I put one or two in my mouth and the taste is so sweet but at the same time has a tartness. It stays in your mouth for the longest time. Red grapes are full of wonderful anti-oxidants that our bodies need to fight free radical damage. I try not to eat too much fruit, but I really enjoy these grapes. I wait all year to taste them, just like I wait for blueberry picking.




I just bought some global grapes to decorate my table because harvest time has past unfortunately.




You can check out my previous post from September to take a look at Bennett Hill Vineyard.


I had a few sips and let my husband enjoy this wine. I made up a huge batch of kale wheat grass juice which made me feel great.









No comments:

Post a Comment