Friday, December 11, 2009

~ Lavender Infused Tea~

Lavender tea is one of my most favorites lately. I had been given some culinary lavender by a friend of mine this past summer to try. The smell is so intoxicating and the flavour is so sweet. It gives you a sense of tranquility to sip on a cup in the evening just before bed. I am uncertain right now if tea infusions are considered raw, but all the essence of the lavender blossoms has been infused and I can feel the benefits.

Herbal teas, infusions and cocktails will be part of what I will offer to the public because it is a passion of mine. I love to create new recipes that involve a mixture of different colors and textures which will enhance health and enjoyment. A big part of loving food has to do with how it appears in presentation and the smell.



I used my grandmothers mug I inherited for my tea. It has a place where you can put dried herbs to make tea from scratch. The lavender blossoms were so small I had to use cheesecloth as well.





I put about two tablespoons of culinary lavender in the cheesecloth then poured hot water over the blossoms.



You can see the steam in this picture as it was very hot!!




After letting it stand for about twenty minutes I checked and the tea had a slight lavender color. What a beautiful cup of tea this was. The taste was heavenly and I felt very relaxed afterwards.


I am going to be working on different herbal teas as time goes on. I have been studying all the different herbs and their health benefits. It is so exciting to be able to see an herb and know what it is. All of the foods from the earth was placed here for nourishment as well as medicine. It is so interesting because most of us were brought up to eat what was called food either from a can or box.





No comments:

Post a Comment