Tuesday, October 6, 2009

~ Rugosa Rose and it's Benefits ~

This particular rose, the Rugosa, is one I see everywhere. It is very common. I recently found out that it is edible and has many properties that are highly beneficial. I am very excited to share what I have learned about these beautiful roses. The petals I like to use as garnishes for desserts and salads. I would not eat them unless I know for sure they are pesticide free....



It has many Benefits...

Anti- Depressant
Aphrodisiac
Sedative
Expectorant
Astringent
Antibacterial
Antiviral
Digestive Aid
Increases bile production
Anti- inflammatory
Kidney Tonic
Blood tonic
Antiseptic
Menstrual Regulator


Essential Oil

This is something I would love to learn how to do. Rose oil has been used to treat mild depression and anxiety. It can also be used as an aphrodisiac if you are looking for more romance...

Rose Water

On the skin, rose water treats acne and acts as an astringent (cleans the skin and constricts the pores).


Rose Hips

I have been so excited to learn what these funny red bulbs are. These are what I have been drinking as tea. I buy rose hip tea from the Bulk Barn. Rose hips are the fruit that grows towards the end of the season. They are commonly used for herbal teas. Inside each bulb are a bunch of white seeds.

Many of the benefits listed above are acquired by drinking the tea. The flavour is very sweet with a touch of tartness. In the evening I make up a tea combination of rose hips and chamomile which helps me to wind down in the evening.




1 comment:

  1. This was a great post, thank you for all this great information.

    ReplyDelete