Sunday, July 22, 2012

~ Terri's Squash Soup ~

There is a lot of work that goes into this and it is well worth it. it is not raw, but I consider this a whole food meal. My son loves it and its better than processed sup from a can.
I usually get him to do the chopping of the squash.....

This a simple, but beautiful recipe and will within the next week post a picture of what one of my bowls look like.
I sautee red onion and ginger in the frying pan with coconut oil or water and a dash of black pepper....
Then I add it to the chopped squash in a pot of chicken broth and cut up and apples, red pepper, two garlic cloves and add a bunch a thyme.
This is delicious and with the raw toppings it keeps you satisfied for hours.....

This lasts about four days n the fridge !

I sprinkle the soup with sprouts and slices of avocado which makes it perfect !


No comments:

Post a Comment