Tuesday, August 7, 2012

~ Sweet Potato Greens ~


I tried sweet potato leaves and they were delicious. My family thinks I am crazy, but It felt very nourishing. I saw Theresa De wolf have the greens along with many other cool things to put in her smoothie and then looked it up and they are indeed edible.

There is a bountiful amount of veggies this year. Every year seems different, but everything looks green and beautiful.

These green oval leaves are edible as well and really wanted to try, but they belonged to my Mother and considers them just flowers. They are called nasturtiums....

 Here is a cucumber and notice there are flowers similar to zucchini flowers which are also edible....

My son, Matt is holding up a stevia plant. I can't want to try a leaf i am sure it is real sweet. I wouldn't mind putting a leaf in a fruit smoothie that would be interesting....

Green beans they look so delicious. I really don't enjoy beans cooked or carrots either. They just seem so flavorless and the life has been taken from them

I don't really eat green peppers, but these look fabulous and would have a bite if i could. They are not ready still a ways to go for most things....

No comments:

Post a Comment