Friday, April 8, 2011

~ Real Chocolate Pie ~

For my birthday I got a shipment of things I love like RAW Chocolate. For the first time I tried the nibs which are just broken up pieces of the cacao bean. I must say I can't believe how it satisfies that craving for chocolate. It is a little bitter, but added to a raw pie it was a hit.

I tried a number of new things which I was excited about. The other new item was Sweetleaf Vanilla Cream Stevia. It smells and tastes a lot like a liqueur. Wow I am impressed with how it enhances the taste of the pie. I also have added it to a cup of coffee and it tastes terrific.

I don't have a picture here, but I also added to ground Chia in the nut crust. The avocados were real large and perfect. It made a lot of filling for the pie.
Here I combined all the wet ingredients. My husband came around the corner and asked, "are you making a lime pie ??"


As I was making this pie it really was an experiment adding new things. I decided to add some real cacao nibs after it was all mixed. I just pulsed for five seconds to mix them throughout.


Recipe


Filling :


1/4 cup honey

6 drops of liquid stevia

11 honey dates

1 cup coconut milk

1 tsp vanilla

2 large avocados

1/3 cup cacao

1/4 cup cacao nibs


Nut Crust :


1 1/2 cups ground walnuts

12 honey dates

1/4 cup ground chia

pinch of sea salt

1 cup shredded coconut




Enjoy !! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment