Sunday, April 10, 2011

~ Not Tuna on Raw Bread ~


Tuna has always been a staple meal I grew up on. I loved it and never thought of it as fish. It was just a filling sandwich that I loved and everyone I knew loved it as well. Today there is an awareness that tuna is not safe due to the mercury. People still eat it, but have it a lot less or go and buy a very expensive can of wild tuna.



Now I have figured out how to make a raw/vegan sandwich free of mercury, dairy and wheat. It still has the benefits from the essential oils, but it's made organic, soaked nuts instead of real tuna.


It is very important to pre-soak your nuts to remove the enzyme inhibitors to cause the raw nuts to become alive.


Recipe :
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4-1/2 cup filtered water
juice of one lemon
sea salt
1 tbs dill
1/8 tbs black pepper
Process these ingredients until it has the same consistency of tuna fish then place in a bowl and add....
2 tbs minced celery
2 tbs white onion
Let stand in the fridge overnight then serve on your choice of raw bread.

Enjoy !!


I just love to have avocado and sprouts with my sandwhich or it seems to plain. I like it very juicy so the more green veggies the better.


No comments:

Post a Comment